• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root wifi tether

4.5.602 and when I used wifi tether took me to a verizon screen to add tether for 20 bucks a month? Didn't think they could see you using wifi tether?

Thanks!

Yep, they can tell (as you've found out ;)).

Try bluetooth tethering if the device you wish to tether allows / supports it...it appears to be free and free of controversy since its a stock feature (i.e., I can tether my DX and my Xoom via bluetooth no problem).

There are (were) lots of DX/GB-related wi-fi tethering threads around here earlier this year...they've pretty-much been closed or quarantined since AF doesn't want to be seen helping to contribute to a method that VZW seemingly does not condone.

A forum and/or Google search of "site:androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root tethering" will likely point you to all of the threads where this topic has already been well covered.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
How do you bluetooth tether?

Well, on my Droid X, I go into Settings -> Wireless & network settings -> Bluetooth settings, then enable Bluetooth (Turn on Bluetooth) and then scan/discover/pair to your other device (I my case, my Moto Xoom tablet, for which I've done a similar setup, but in the Paired devices list where my Droid X appears, there a wrench configuration icon that I can select that takes me to a screen with an option "Internet access / Use for Internet access").

I'm sure the setup and configuration screen vary somewhat from device to device, but you get the picture.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Hello

My name is

Dx86. And i bring good news for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!

I HAVE PERSONALLY TESTED THESE METHODS ON MY DX RUNNING GB 4.5.602. IF YOU SHOULD DECIDE TO TRY THESE METHODS FOR YOURSELF I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING BAD THAT MIGHT HAPPEN TO YOUR PHONE.

**ONE CLICK ROOTING FOR DX**

See Root Guide

**WIFI TETHERING. PAGE BLOCK WORKAROUND**
PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO THE "T"!!! FAILURE TO DO SO CAN SERIOUSLY MESS UP YOU PHONE BUT THIS DOES WORK!!!! NO MORE PAGE BLOCK!!!!!

Wireless tether issues with d2g gingerbread - tether fix instructions [Archive] - RootzWiki

Upvote 0
Welcome to Android Forums, dx86.

We'd prefer that you don't make multiple successive posts, in order to keep topics as compact and easily-read as possible. We also prefer a bit more content to posts than a link to off-site content. When members take time and effort to read a thread it's quite frustrating to have to go elsewhere to find info.

Btw, there's also an established Root Guide topic stuck at the top of the forum which contains info on rooting this specific handset. If the procedure you linked to is substantially different to those listed then it's probably best included there, so that it can be easily located.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones