• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi Tethering for X10??

Upvote 0
since you are too picky on the words,HOW you,MrWomble, were able to do Wifi Tethering on your phone ?:p

I haven't

as i don't need to

i have my laptop wirelessly connected to a wireless router which in turn is connected to a 50mb fibre optic broadband line

as for when i'm out and about - i have a 3g Simcard and USB adaptor - so again, no need to tether

however i did answer your original question of if someone had managed or is able to get tethering

plenty of posts around answering it - i just simply answered to say that it had been done as per your request

Reactions: scorpion100
Upvote 0
I haven't

as i don't need to

i have my laptop wirelessly connected to a wireless router which in turn is connected to a 50mb fibre optic broadband line

as for when i'm out and about - i have a 3g Simcard and USB adaptor - so again, no need to tether

however i did answer your original question of if someone had managed or is able to get tethering

plenty of posts around answering it - i just simply answered to say that it had been done as per your request

Thank you Mr for answering my question,much appreciated :)

Upvote 0
how do i install barnacle? you guys have any instruction for this? thanks

I believe for Barnacle to work your phone needs to be rooted so I can't offer any advice on that. However I use PDAnet to tether my phone to my netbook, there is a free trial and once that expires you can't use certain websites but I bought the full version and have had occasions where it has paid for itself in its usefulness.

Upvote 0
Just use EasyTether on your laptop/comp amdplug your phone in, well thats all I did and it works fine :)

after installed, i enable USB Debug but the connect failled

"OPEN Easytether on your smartphone, enable USB connection and try again"

thats the error msg i got, do i have tu subcribe Tether from my ISP (ATT)? i currently only have dataplan $25/month

Upvote 0
how do i install barnacle? you guys have any instruction for this? thanks

From the Android Market. Free download. Quite easy to configure first time.

I used:

WiFi Tethering using Barnacle Android App

1. Download Barnacle from the market and open it.
2. Navigate to Settings and SSID to name your network.
3. Then navigate into Wireless Security, then enable WEP and choose a password.
4. Now go into both WAN and LAN and clear out all information.
5. Hit the back arrow soft key and tap “Start”.
6. Wifi tethering is completed successfully. Enjoy your free wifi hotspot!

On your PC, go to 'find available wireless hotspots' and you should see your phone by the SSID name you gave it.

Upvote 0
I searched but it says this application no match....

i used Market on my ATT phone SOny x10

Interesting... It's called Barnacle Wifi Tether in my market.

Have you used Appbrain? It's easy to find in there, and then sync with your phone to download. It's basically a market interface...install the appbrain client on your phone and visit appbrain.com, find barnacle and install and then sync.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones