• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi Tethering for X10??

Hi All, I'm considering getting the X10, but I need to know if you have been successful in tethering w/ AT&T. I'm stuck with AT&T. My understanding is that AT&T wants to charge you an additional $20 a month to unlock tethering. I currently can do it on my Sony Ericson cell phone (non smart phone) using blue tooth, without incurring extra charges. This is something I use very occasionally, but is very valuable when I can use it. I still prefer my laptop for internet access vs. phone so the tethering has been useful at times when traveling. I still have the option of getting an Iphone, but must jail break it, in order to unlock tethering capabilities. I want to go with the X10, but I must first know I can tether without AT&Ts rediculous additional charges.

Upvote 0
Hi All, I'm considering getting the X10, but I need to know if you have been successful in tethering w/ AT&T. I'm stuck with AT&T. My understanding is that AT&T wants to charge you an additional $20 a month to unlock tethering. I currently can do it on my Sony Ericson cell phone (non smart phone) using blue tooth, without incurring extra charges. This is something I use very occasionally, but is very valuable when I can use it. I still prefer my laptop for internet access vs. phone so the tethering has been useful at times when traveling. I still have the option of getting an Iphone, but must jail break it, in order to unlock tethering capabilities. I want to go with the X10, but I must first know I can tether without AT&Ts rediculous additional charges.

Yes you can, I able to use Tether using Easytether software.

Reactions: leachman74
Upvote 0
I Could really do with this, but cant get Barnacle to work.
Tried all the tips in this thread, i am rooted.
but get this error every time,
Failed to connect to supplicant: No such file or directory
[1] Terminated ./dhcp
[2] Terminated ./nat
Stopped unexpectedly!

Any clues?

****EDIT****
Ive fixed it, what i did if any one has same issue
in settings tick 'skip wpa_supplicant' in settings

once i did that it connected, but laptop couldnt see it
i changed ssid to x10 (not that the name matters) and then laptop could see, conected
Job Done :)

Upvote 0
I'm still toying with the whole idea of rooting, so Barnacle out for me at present.

Dito. I only got the phone about 3 weeks ago, so to forfeit my warranty so soon would be pretty unwise I reckon.

I'll probably leave it 6 months, by then I should have actually worked out how to use the damn thing properly; then I'll look into the benefits of rooting and whether it's worth it...

Upvote 0
Dito. I only got the phone about 3 weeks ago, so to forfeit my warranty so soon would be pretty unwise I reckon.

I'll probably leave it 6 months, by then I should have actually worked out how to use the damn thing properly; then I'll look into the benefits of rooting and whether it's worth it...

the z4root app works very well and so simple todo
if rooting is reversable, which i belive it is, why would it void your warrenty? just re-flash it.

Upvote 0
the z4root app works very well and so simple todo
if rooting is reversable, which i belive it is, why would it void your warrenty? just re-flash it.

the z4root will root AND unroot your device in a matter of seconds...just re-flash with SEUS to get back the deleted apps (unless the phone is crushed in thousand pieces, then it does not even matter)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones