• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wifi Texting Using Current Number

Ok so here is the probelm, I have two sim cards one with texting and calling and one I was recently given that has unlimited data. I do not have two sim card slots on my phone so I need a way to text with the sim card that has the data in. There is no possibility I could change to google voice because I would not be able to port my number and I have to keep my current number. Are there any apps that would use a current active number to text without having the texting sim card in?
Thanks!

Ok so here is the probelm, I have two sim cards one with texting and calling and one I was recently given that has unlimited data. I do not have two sim card slots on my phone so I need a way to text with the sim card that has the data in. There is no possibility I could change to google voice because I would not be able to port my number and I have to keep my current number. Are there any apps that would use a current active number to text without having the texting sim card in?
Thanks!

I Frankensteined my Windows 920 to do that but never found anything that would work for a Android device. But don't despair another member may have a fix for what you're looking for.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones