• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi Timer Notification - Can I turn this off?

Owenski

Lurker
Aug 15, 2013
Morning All,

I've had a quick search and cant find anything similar to this on the forum (hence why I joined so I could ask for myself).

I use WiFi at home but do not have access to it at work so I have the timer mode enabled. IMO this is a fantastic feature although I'm not yet sure if this does actually help or hinder my battery performance.

Anyway my frustration with it is that twice a day I get notified that my WiFi has either been turned off or turned on as per the timer settings. This additional notification really bores me I mean FFS it was I who set those settings in the first place, I know when it should be on/off. In addition it tells me my connection at the top, if its WiFi is active I can see the status icon anyway. So before I poke out my own eyes in pathetic irritation of this notification is there anyway that I can keep the timer enabled but to have the notifications of its actions no longer pop up?

FYI this is a Galaxy S4 running Jelly Bean 4.2.2 <<I'll add this into my sig.

Welcome to AF! :)

I take it the WiFi Timer is a device specific feature? I can't see it on any of my devices.

You can disable notifications in jellybean by long pressing the icon in your notification pull down, then app info, then unchecking show notifications. Not sure if that will work here though, but no harm in giving it a go.

What about disabling it completely and using a specific app for that sort of thing?

Llama might do what you're asking: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kebab.Llama

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones