• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wifi to PC file transfer????

is it Estrong File Explorer or Es File Explorer?? and swiftp doesn't let me transfer files from pc to phone..

es file explorer. icon: blue folder with green globe with ES letters in.
username is the name at top of start menu on pc and your password if you use one to log into windows if not click anonymous.
you must have atleast 1 folder shared on your pc

Upvote 0
Once set up, with an app running in your PC, I've found nothing easier than Tonido. Works on 3G also, of course. Your PC has its own URL, like johndoe@tonidoid.com. I can be at a restaurant talking with people, and have need for some document, and just download it to my phone. Works PC-to-PC as well.

Here's the Tonido website, where they call it your personal cloud. If you don't like leaving your PC running all the time, they sell a NAS device for $99, into which you can plug in a hard drive(s) with data you might need when on the run.

Heard about this on the FLOSS (Free Libre Open Source Software) podcast.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones