1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root wifi toggle in drop down notification menu ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by outkast25, Sep 9, 2011.

1. outkast25

outkast25 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 5, 2011
    Is there a way I can put the wifi toggle, gps, etc in the notification drop down menu? I had it on my evo3d and it was very convenient. thx!

Advertisement

2. Citizen Coyote

Citizen Coyote Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 12, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I believe the app Widgetsoid can do this. There's a free version in the Market if you want to play with it.

3. doneve141

doneve141 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 18, 2009
    Oklahoma
    I'm not rooted but have liked the drop down on my wife's Epic. I don't know what the EVO3D has but I presume something similar. I tried Widgetsoid. Its nice but not what I was looking for. I am already using Elixer ( also free from the Market ) on my home screen. Elixer does the same stuff, including the greyed out 4g that apparently wont work on the Photon, but will let me put 9 items across my screen instead of 5. Granted they are smaller but just as functional. Widgetsoid may be in the notification bar but it doesn't function from there. It launches from there. Maybe root makes a difference but maybe not.

4. Flipper

Flipper Guest
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    OC, California
    Not sure how you have it set up but Widgetsoid can be launched from the notification bar and trigger WiFi, GPS, toggle data, AND 4G (with a simple workaround). If you're like me who believes in saving "real estate space" on their homepages, it's a great way to have those toggles available from any screen.