• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wifi transfer

Marios1441

Feb 15, 2014
I'm using the Wifi File Transfer Pro app to transfer files over Wifi to and from my
phone to computer by opening a page on my web browser on pc. It transfers files to the internal storage but i don't see an option to transfer to the SD Card. How do i do it? If can't be done then is there a other app that is doing this?
Also do you know of a good program which i can transfer files from phone to phone directly using Wifi?

I'm using the Wifi File Transfer Pro app to transfer files over Wifi to and from my
phone to computer by opening a page on my web browser on pc. It transfers files to the internal storage but i don't see an option to transfer to the SD Card. How do i do it? If can't be done then is there a other app that is doing this?
Also do you know of a good program which i can transfer files from phone to phone directly using Wifi?

It would be better if the folder where the files will be stored is selectable and
can copy even folders. Right now the app i use it copies everything to the Download folder.

Upvote 0

I use WiFi File Explorer and it will copy to/from the SD Card.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dooblou.WiFiFileExplorer

Upvote 0
I use ES File Explorer's FTP server to manage my phone's files (including those on the SD card) from my PC over WiFi.
http://androidforums.com/android-ap...lders-via-wifi-pc-es-file-explorer-3-0-a.html

I used to use WiFi File Explorer but ES File Explorer is a wonderful Swiss-army-knife that I have for many other reasons, so once ES File Explorer implemented an easy-to-launch FTP server, I uninstalled WiFi File Explorer.

AirDroid will also do what you want (and some other useful things) so you may want to take a look at that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones