1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wifi turn gray can't connect

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by aourose, Mar 9, 2020.

1. aourose

aourose Lurker

Hi I have problem with Huawei wifi turn gray I can't connect to router... I try to reset network then airplane mode switch off restart nothing no connect

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by lunatic59, Mar 9, 2020 (3 points)
  3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

If the wifi indicator is showing off (gray) and you can't enable it, it might mean that there's a hardware or drive problem and the wifi radio isn't recognized as being there. First thing I'd do is backup all your important data. Then i'd check for any system updates and apply them if available. Of course, reboot the phone between these steps to check if WiFi will come back. Then I'd try a factory reset (which will wipe your data and apps from the phone so, yeah ... backup!) Before you factory reset, please remove all accounts from the phone so you don't get stuck with FRP (factory reset protection).

If a factory reset doesn't work, you could try to reflash the phones stock firmware. We'd need to know the exact model to be able to help with that.

Finally, if none of that works, I'd say you had a hardware failure, which means you'd have to send it in for repair.

4. aourose

aourose Lurker

The problem sometimes work sometimes not I choose airplane mode and restart 10 times nothing reset network also

5. aourose

aourose Lurker

The problem sometimes work sometimes not I choose airplane mode and restart 10 times nothing reset network also

6. aourose

aourose Lurker

I need help

7. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

If it works intermittently, then I would try booting into safe mode to see if the issue is app-related. If you can connect to wifi in safe mode, then my best recommendation would be to back up everything that's important to you and then factory reset. Once done, reinstall your apps one at a time. If the problem happens again, then you'll know which app is the culprit.

If safe mode doesn't solve the problem, then it's got to be failing hardware. The intermittent connections are probably heat related.

MoodyBlues and ocnbrze like this.
  8. aourose

aourose Lurker

How to booting in safe mode

9. steiny180

steiny180 Android Enthusiast

1. Reboot phone (long press power button)
    2. When it starts rebooting hold down the power and volume down buttons
    3. When the android dude appears, release the buttons
    4. A menu will soon appear.
    5. Select safe mode.
    6. Thank me very much.