1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Wifi Turning itself off

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by GunnerTA, Apr 11, 2016.

1. GunnerTA

GunnerTA Lurker
    None

Apr 11, 2016
    Male
    Recently I was on the Internet on my phone and it stops working, even though the bar is still there, so I turn my phone off and back on again and my Wifi is off, so I go into settings, Wifi and turn it on, after a few seconds the button that slides across to say that its on slides back across to off with out any attempt to connect to my Wifi ( it also seems slightly greyed out, could I have accidently done something in my settings?), I have a Motorola Moto E

Just tried with Bluetooth (that I never use) too and the same thing happened.

Advertisement

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    I am using a macro app that turns off WiFi when the screen is locked.
    then it will turn WiFi back on when the screen unlocks.

I do that to save battery life... just too much behind the scenes crap going on if I leave the internet avaiable overnight while I am sleeping.....
    Internet OFF: battery use is about 4%
    internet ON: battery use sometimes is over 40% :eek:

that is something I can't put up with. If I have to jump and run out of the house, I want the phone at full charge...
    you just can't cram enough battery into a phone in a 30 minute drive with a car charger, no way.

check this out, it can save your battery, and it will always turn WiFi on when the screen is unlocked and in use.
    * MacroDroid - Device Automation - Android Apps on Google Play