• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wifi turning off?

I just started using a Hero (hand me down from brother) this week and the one thing I was looking forward to most was finally having wifi on a phone. I listen to a morning radio show every morning through their app or I listen to Pandora Radio. Well after about 30 minutes I lose connection and when I turn the screen back on I'll notice that wifi is off. It comes back on once I unlock the lock screen and I can reconnect to what I was listening to.

Is there a way to keep it from disconnecting the wifi? I've looked under the wifi setting and don't see anything relating to it. I am running the most recent version of Cynogen that they have out. If I'm using the phone then it of course stays, but have my alarm to turn on the app when I wake and then listen to it over the next 3 hrs before heading to work.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones