1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Wifi turning off?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Angry Gimp, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Angry Gimp

Angry Gimp Newbie
    None

Jun 19, 2011
    Executive Taster
    Hot as Hell Texas
    I just started using a Hero (hand me down from brother) this week and the one thing I was looking forward to most was finally having wifi on a phone. I listen to a morning radio show every morning through their app or I listen to Pandora Radio. Well after about 30 minutes I lose connection and when I turn the screen back on I'll notice that wifi is off. It comes back on once I unlock the lock screen and I can reconnect to what I was listening to.

Is there a way to keep it from disconnecting the wifi? I've looked under the wifi setting and don't see anything relating to it. I am running the most recent version of Cynogen that they have out. If I'm using the phone then it of course stays, but have my alarm to turn on the app when I wake and then listen to it over the next 3 hrs before heading to work.

Advertisement

2. pjbeta

pjbeta Newbie
    None

Jul 14, 2010
    When you're in the Wi-Fi settings screen, hit your menu button, Advanced. In there you'll find Wi-Fi sleep policy with the choices

When screen turns off
    Never when plugged in
    Never

Angry Gimp likes this.
  3. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert
    None

May 24, 2010
    Lewis Center, OH
    I moved this to the "All Things Root" section since you are rooted and running CyanogenMod

Tags: