• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wifi Turning on and off -Issue

Redseb

Lurker
Nov 18, 2016
Hi, first time poster here,

I've had my Note 3 for about 3 years now, and for the first time I've had the problem where if I try to turn on the wifi on my phone, it turns on for a milisecond, only to turn back off again. Now I'm unfortunately stuck with my wifi off all the time... I'm not sure if this is an Android issue, or if it is only found on this phone. Does anybody know a fix? Is this a hardware problem or can it be fixed with software?

Thanks so much! :D

Specs:
Model Number : SM-N9005
Android Version: 5.0

Not a rooted phone

Resolved...Kinda
So basically after putting it into safe mode (holding down the power and volume down button) twice my wifi finally turned on! (Not in safe mode) Interesting tho that when it was in safe mode I couldn't turn on my wifi.

So the kinda-resolved thing is that now if I am ever to turn off my wifi, I would have to go through the same steps as above to turn it back on. Needless to say, I probably won't turn it off anytime soon.

Upvote 0
Glad your problem resolved. I have the same problem. It did not resolve when I switched to Safe Mode cleared the cache, and finally did a factory reset. I've tried several Fix WiFi apps without help. However, it did resolve once when I turned on GPS it turned on WiFi for increased accuracy. That night some updates uploaded and no WiFi. So, although I've seen several posts that it is hardware I am convinced there is something in the OS software and its updates.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones