1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wifi wakelock on 2.3.5?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MizzouBrent, Sep 7, 2011.

1. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Android Expert

I am running OMFGB but I have noticed this on CM7 and Deck's rom as well on 2.3.5 builds. I had my wifi sleep policy set to turn off when the screen turns off, and as you can see, I had a wakelock until wifi went off, then it went away. I set it to never sleep and the problem persisted. Is this a known issue? It appears to be draining battery for me. I always set wifi to never sleep on Sense roms and it never causes me any issues. Here is a pic.

Check out the far right side of the battery graph. There are a bunch of little lines showing the wakelock while wifi is on. The wakelocks you see from earlier today were while I was listening to music, so those are expected.

[​IMG]

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i have been on cm7 and never had that issue. what kernel are you using?

3. MizzouBrent

Savagedzen 2.2.1. Like I said it seems like it only happens on 2.3.5 roms but it drives me crazy because nobody else reports this issue. And my router its putting out a strong signal so it shouldn't be loading and acquiring signal constantly. I have no problem holding a signal when I'm using the phone. What gives?

4. MizzouBrent

I forgot to ask. What sleep policy do you use on aosp? I always use never on Sense roms.

5. MizzouBrent

I think I've figured this out. I think maybe when my phone sleeps it just isn't able to keep a wifi connection for whatever reason. maybe the sense driver is just better? No drain ever as long as I stay off wifi while the phone is sleeping.

6. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

Do you run a screen off profile with setcpu?
    Maybe the underclock is messing with your WiFi.

ocnbrze likes this.
  7. MizzouBrent

sort of. I always use smartass if I'm running Tiamat our InteractiveX with SavagedZen so technically I guess that would count. I could try raising my min to 384 and see how that works. I always just leave it at default.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews