• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Wifi wakelock on 2.3.5?

MizzouBrent

Android Expert
Feb 13, 2011
Olathe, KS
I am running OMFGB but I have noticed this on CM7 and Deck's rom as well on 2.3.5 builds. I had my wifi sleep policy set to turn off when the screen turns off, and as you can see, I had a wakelock until wifi went off, then it went away. I set it to never sleep and the problem persisted. Is this a known issue? It appears to be draining battery for me. I always set wifi to never sleep on Sense roms and it never causes me any issues. Here is a pic.

Check out the far right side of the battery graph. There are a bunch of little lines showing the wakelock while wifi is on. The wakelocks you see from earlier today were while I was listening to music, so those are expected.

attachment.php

Savagedzen 2.2.1. Like I said it seems like it only happens on 2.3.5 roms but it drives me crazy because nobody else reports this issue. And my router its putting out a strong signal so it shouldn't be loading and acquiring signal constantly. I have no problem holding a signal when I'm using the phone. What gives?

Upvote 0
I think I've figured this out. I think maybe when my phone sleeps it just isn't able to keep a wifi connection for whatever reason. maybe the sense driver is just better? No drain ever as long as I stay off wifi while the phone is sleeping.

Do you run a screen off profile with setcpu?
Maybe the underclock is messing with your WiFi.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones