• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WiFi won't connect at university

setzer40

Lurker
Sep 12, 2012
My problem deals with the WiFi connectivity on the Samsung Galaxy Stellar. I can connect just fine to the WiFi at my apartment, however, when I'm at school it will connect around every thirty tries. I went to the IT department and they told me that they couldn't access the Security Certificate Settings and that is why it won't connect successfully. The security certificate (AdTrust External CA Root or AddTrust BA) is already on the phone. However, when I try to change the certificate when I am editing the WiFi under certificates, it just has a drop down menu with one option; unspecified. I'm at school from around 7 in the morning until 7 at night, so I would like to be able to access the WiFi. If anyone has a solution to this problem that would be great. Thank you.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones