• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

talvi

Oct 12, 2010
Hi all Thinking of getting the Milestone 2 (in the UK, unlocked). If I connect the Milestone 2 to the net using WiFi and log onto Skype, I am assuming that I will be able to make a call in the same way as I can from my laptop. Am I correct??? hope so :)

oops, I'm being dumb (Skype is a local App that connects to the internet! D'oh!!) so, first I guess I am asking if Skype runs on the Android platform, if so, then presumably(?) I can connect to the internet using WiFi and use Skype as I would on my laptop .... no? Anyway, I've asked this on the Milestone 2 forum as maybe this is the wrong place? Sorry twice :)

Upvote 0
You asked (and I quote) "first I guess I am asking if Skype runs on the Android platform, if so, then presumably(?) I can connect to the internet using WiFi and use Skype as I would on my laptop .... no?"

The answer is "yes" to both. I have no idea why you have problems connecting to wifi, it could be almost anything - carrier issues, router issues, a zillion possible configuration mismatches, faulty phone...

But as to your original question, the answer is still "yes".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones