1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wifi

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by agamble, Apr 23, 2012.

1. agamble

agamble Lurker

hello,

I just got my Samsung Galaxy s2 two days ago. I was wondering if there is a way to get my Wifi to automatically connect when I am at home, instead of using my 4g. I just don't want to have to go into wifi settings to connect to my wifi everytime I leave my house and then come back.

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. (G)

(G) Android Expert

If you leave wi-fi on all the time, it will automatically connect to known networks (there's a setting for that, I believe).

However, leaving wi-fi on all the time burns battery power. There are apps out there that turn on your wi-fi based on your location. But there's also a setting already on the phone that turns on wi-fi only when the screen is on. Since I'm trying to avoid cluttering my phone with all sorts of software, that's the setting I use and it seems to work just fine.

3. MCW

MCW Newbie

You don't have to go into Settings/WirelssandNetwork/Wifisettings menus to activate Wifi. You can pull down the Notifications and Wifi (first on the left) control is right there. If you have your home set to automatically connect, it will connect after turning on Wifi in the Notifications.

I forgot that you can also add that activaction icon to your Home screen to turn it on with one click. You have to shrink that icon down or it takes up too much space.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews