• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wii Controller App

Plug a classic controller into a wiimote? what? I don't get it....

Does the wiimote have diagonal controls? anyone know....

Can you use the nunchuck when using your wiimote to play games on your phone? anyone know....

It would be really nice to be able to use the analog control stick on the wiimote in place of the digipad, and the additional buttons on the nunchuck would come in handy as well.

1. thats how it works?
2. yep
3. yup

Upvote 0
Hmmm I just tried again and couldn't get the nunchuck to map... what could I be doing wrong?

On the plus side I discovered that you don't need diagonals to do special moves in SF2. (!!!)

And I don't know anything about the 'classic controller' whatever... I have no idea.

it connects exactly like a nunchuk but its a normal style controller

Upvote 0
Hmmm I just tried again and couldn't get the nunchuck to map... what could I be doing wrong?

On the plus side I discovered that you don't need diagonals to do special moves in SF2. (!!!)

And I don't know anything about the 'classic controller' whatever... I have no idea.

... no need to map diagonals up-right, down-right, up-left etc. ... all diagonal controls work with analog stick

You can perform a shroyuken just fine. :D

Upvote 0
I am using the SNESoid n64oid and The wii remote IME app for android 2.2 on my atrix.

I am so freaking stoked, all of it seems to work great with every rom. The emulators are so sick that I bought the paid versions for all the save functions and to help the devs.

BUT....

I cant get the analogue sticks to work at all. I want to be able to play golden eye with halo style controls but I cannot get them to map at all.

Any help?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones