1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wildfire a root

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by razordmode, Nov 2, 2013.

1. razordmode

razordmode Lurker

Right, I'm finding my wildfire so a right hard nut to crack, I want to root it and have tried different methods to no avail, whether it be bad download links, or incompatibility issues, it just hasn't worked, closest I got was trying to flash the pg76.img but I'm asked do I want to update each time I go into recovery and, it updates, but I still, when I reboot, it's the same story when I go back into recovery as if the update didn't take place! I have bootloader unlocked, with s-off and really need help, as this has become more of a quest now more than anything.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Well the best place would be our wildfire forum. But if you are S-Off you can just use fastboot to install a custom recovery (must be built for your phone model, no other) then flash a standard package from there to root it, or else install a pre-rooted custom ROM. The Wildfire All Things Root forum here is where you'll find info on those things.

Good luck :)

3. razordmode

razordmode Lurker

That's the stumbling block, I've downloaded the Cwm image file In zip format and the phone asks to install update when I start phone by holding power and volume down, then it says press power button to restart phone, I do that, and boot back in to recovery only for that zip to look to update again, same story!

4. razordmode

razordmode Lurker

Here are some screenshots of what I'm getting, after it says update successful, it asks u to reboot the phone, and when u go there again, it repeated the process again!

Attached Files:

HTC Wildfire Forum

The HTC Wildfire release date was May 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 384GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

May 2010
Release Date
Reviews