1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Wildfire Keeps Dropping Calls

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wildfireking, Feb 18, 2011.

1. wildfireking

wildfireking Lurker
    None

Feb 18, 2011
    Hi android fans,

Need some !help! here as my wildfire which I have had for around 5 months, with the 2.2 update.

It keeps dropping calls! before it even rings. but only to specific people. I'm on Vodafone so I thought it could be Vodafone to another network but even to other Vodafone phones it cuts out.

Only on specific people though, it doesn't make sense. So i thought someone may have had the same issue and got it fixed?

Any responses will be appreciated as one of the people I cant call is my boss.

Thanks

Wildfireking

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Welcome to Android Forums, wildfireking.

One important clue in your dropped calls issue points to it being an issue with the carrier and/or device of those callers who it is happening with, and not your device or carrier.

It could well be that there is an issue with your device, this is common following an update, but I would test it being the others by having one or more of them contact you via a different phone than the one they have usually been using, especially if they can do that with a borrowed phone on a carrier different than theirs.

If you want to troubleshoot the issue from the standpoint of it being a problem with your phone, start by updating the PRL (dial *228 option #2 on many devices/carriers), then rebooting the device.

wildfireking likes this.
Tags: