• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wildfire randomly turns off

wildfireboy

Lurker
Jul 20, 2012
Hi,

I've had my Wildfire for just over a year and a half now and I haven't had any problems so far (apart from the usual of it getting slower over time).

About a week ago it started turning of randomly, it doesn't show "powering off" and then shuts down, the screen just goes blank and then the phone is off. This makes me think it isn't a battery problem. (It never seems to happen when the charger is connected but I don't have another battery to check it with though.)

It tends to happen when I'm using the phone (not when its just in my pocket) and usually when I'm doing something 'complicated' (like loading a webpage) rather than just sending texts (although it has happened with all data and GPS off).

I have tried reseting the phone (both from the settings menu and by pressing the volume-down and power button and then choosing clear storage). It didn't help, however, I see my call history is still there.

So 1) anyone had this problem? And any solutions?

2) anyone know how to completely reset the phone? Is there a reset pin that I can stick a pen in?

Thanks in advance!

My husband has had this phone for over a year with no problems. When it works (in Canada & US) it works great. We have business in Washington state and the phone powers it self off and back on when it is ready which could be 5 seconds to 1/2 hour.

I have spent over 3 months with our carriers technical dept and they are all stumped. We have set to factory defaults, tried different Sim cards, etc and it still powers off in Washington.

We just had the phone replaced with the same model and this one does the same thing.

We are currently using my husband's Sim card in my Samsung phone and there are no problems with powering off at all.

Does anyone have this problem and has anyone found a solution ?!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones