1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support wildfire S compatibility words with friends

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by surfa14, Jan 4, 2012.

1. surfa14

surfa14 Newbie
    None

Oct 5, 2011
    Hi peeps, I am currently running a stock desire s with 2.3.5 which the boss plays words with friends on, she wants an upgrade for her old samsung but doesnt want to pay a fortune, the wildfire S looks like a great little handset and similar to mine, only trouble is I cannot find anywhere on the net if words with friends and hanging with friends are compatible wiith th wildfire S, as they were not on the wildfire. Is anyone playing wwf or hwf on wildfire s from the android market.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. brotherswing

brotherswing Android Expert
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    Male
    Full time Dad, cook
    In my living room.
    The Wildfire S is a much more capable handset than it's predecessor, and it's firmware is built against a much newer version of the Android SDK, giving it a good chance of decent performance. Both WWF and HWF show up in the market on my wife's WS, so it is compatible. WWF is notorious for running poorly on many devices, so ymmv.

3. djeplett

djeplett Lurker
    None

Dec 28, 2011
    I can say that I have installed WWF on my WS and it runs very well. It did have one day where it kept telling me I needed a network connection to play even when I had 3G on. A restart of the phone fixed that. Other than that it has been flawless through four full games with the better half.

4. surfa14

surfa14 Newbie
    None

Oct 5, 2011
    I think the wildfire is a good option then, thanks guys,

5. whitneyb1023

whitneyb1023 Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2012
    I tried switching the 2gb sd for my 8 and i thought i lost all of my pics! They came back after i switched the 2gig back in and let the phone process or whatever. How can i move pictures and such to my SD/ actually would GMail be better? I tried that too and couldnt figure it out. I heard everything should be saved to Gmail but my everything is saved to nothing. My internal memory is verrrrry low, i've had this phone for about a week and half the time I can't open my gallery, or pandora, or Facebook. Those are 3 basic reasoning's for me having this phone/any phone. I'm getting really irritated with this little mini phone. I can't figure out how to open my sd card from the phone so Pleaseee help me, i'm ready to throw this phone!!!

6. brotherswing

brotherswing Android Expert
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    Male
    Full time Dad, cook
    In my living room.
    Your pictures are on the sd card in a folder called DCIM. To browse files on your phone you need a file explorer, there are many in the market. To help with the space problem try the technique in the sticky at the top of this forum. Or you could use App2SD, also in the market. Hope this helps.