1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Wildfire S dropping WIFI connection - unable to scan for networks

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Richard_Nottm, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Richard_Nottm

Richard_Nottm Lurker
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Morning,

Hopefully, someone could help me. I collected a new HTC Wildfire S this week. Im pretty pleased with it. I just have a minor issue.

If i enable the WIFI widget i can get it connected to my wireless Virgin router. All good.

However, if i leave the house and return it doesnt reestablish the connection (or sometimes even if i dont leave the house it drops the connection). Its also saying "unable to scan for networks" in the WIFI settings giving the impression somethings gone wrong at a lower level. WIFI still enabled etc.

A full reboot of the phone and it connects seamlessly with no effort.

Any ideas how i can sort this gremlin. Laptops, Ipads and other mobile devices in the house seem ok. Its a wireless n router with the most secure connection method WPA2 (i think).

Thanks
    Richard

Advertisement

2. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Oct 17, 2010
    I wish ....
    Sunny Cornwall
    Hmmm. My wife has the 'S' and she complained this morning that she couldn't 'access the internet'. The phone was doing what yours was. A restart cured it but I'll be keeping an eye on it to see if it happens again.

Dave

3. mahni1390

None

Jun 23, 2011
    Hi!
    this is a common thing, mine is the same, when you go far, you should re connect it. and if the signal goes to 2 or 1 level, it can't search the network.

4. Richard_Nottm

Richard_Nottm Lurker
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Hi, thanks for the responses. I definately feel theres an issue with the phone losing the ability to search for wifi routers and effectively losing wifi capability even though i may still be in the house.

Like weve said a full restart sorts it. Im not too bothered it it flicks over to use 3G or whatever it uses as i have unlimited data. Just bugs me that i have to manually mess with it.

Certainly, feel theres a bug or issue here.

5. Richard_Nottm

Richard_Nottm Lurker
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Unable to scan network issue persisted. Phone is going back! Although ive just done a hard reset to wipe the phone and it seems ok again! Oh well will take the replacement new phone and go from there! Gets delivered tmrw!

6. 4vc1

4vc1 Newbie
    None

Aug 30, 2011
    Hi richard,

The same issue happened to me. You said that you would take the replacement. Have you have a brand new phone from the service? What is the fate of your issue?

7. Richard_Nottm

Richard_Nottm Lurker
    None

Jul 30, 2011

Yes, as mentioned before returning the phone a factory reset sorted the issue (dont know wether that would have been a permanent fix or not!). A new phone was posted to me next day and its been fine since.

Regards

8. wadie

wadie Lurker
    None

Sep 28, 2011
    hey, I faced the same problems as well...

9. gigig

gigig Lurker
    None

Jul 4, 2012
    same problem . virgin unwilling to send replacement so phone going back for "repair" second time. Virgin Media UK service a waste of time.