1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Wildfire S limited internal memory **MAIN TOPIC***

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 4vc1, Aug 30, 2011.

1. 4vc1

4vc1 Newbie
    None

Aug 30, 2011
    Hi All,
    I scanned the topics and realized that most of users complain about that. This is a real problem because about 114 MB of memory extremely insufficient for altough common users. So, how could we overcome this?

We know that rooting the machine is a way. However HTC haven'nt launch any loader yet.

(HTCdev - Unlock Bootloader)

So, what is the alternative ways? Is there a way different?

Please share your information and alternatives so that many people be sick of that issue could overcome that.

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    You can force apps to install to the SD Card if you have the SDK installed on your PC, would that help? If so, I'll post instructions.

The Wildfire S is my work phone and as such, I don't really use it for apps etc (save for the odd game), so I've not really noticed it as much of a problem. I can understand why others would though.

Also, the last time I checked, it was only the Evo 3D and the Sensation they were planning on unlocking the bootloader for?

4vc1 likes this.
  3. 4vc1

4vc1 Newbie
    None

Aug 30, 2011
    Sir Presidente,

I do not know how to use SDK. I'm a newbie and don't know much about android. Could you please inform me a bit..

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    The Android SDK (Android Software Development Kit) is the tool that a lot of app developers use for creating Android apps, what ROM developers use for reading error logs/troubleshooting etc and it allows the end user the chance to "talk" to their handset via their PC. Using it, you can access certain areas and perform certain tasks on your phone that aren't available using the standard handset options.

This post gives you the commands you need to set the default install location as the SD Card.

Note for the SDK to be able to communicate with your handset, you need to enable USB Debugging. Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging.

4vc1 likes this.
  5. 4vc1

4vc1 Newbie
    None

Aug 30, 2011
    Thanks a lot presindente,

You are great..

I will try to transfer all my installed progs. to SD card. If it does any sense or not, I will share the result.