• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Wildfire S screen problems, possibly due to root?

krysg

Lurker
Oct 2, 2012
Hello all! I am a newbie. I will just get to the problem.

I have a Wildfire S. I rooted it last week to get rid of bloatware. It worked fine, but then I put an 8 gig sd card in. My screen is acting really wonky. It buzzes and something I didn't even touch opens up. One minute it is fine, the next it messes up.

I put the old sd card back in thinking that maybe that would be the fix. It is still acting wonky.

Questions

1. Do you think that it was the root, or the sd changes that caused this problem?
2. What should I do?

Hello all! I am a newbie. I will just get to the problem.

I have a Wildfire S. I rooted it last week to get rid of bloatware. It worked fine, but then I put an 8 gig sd card in. My screen is acting really wonky. It buzzes and something I didn't even touch opens up. One minute it is fine, the next it messes up.

I put the old sd card back in thinking that maybe that would be the fix. It is still acting wonky.

Questions

1. Do you think that it was the root, or the sd changes that caused this problem?
2. What should I do?

Hi,
Rooting the device wouldn't cause anything on screen.

Maybe a 'Factory rest' (hboot menu) might solve the problem. But before that take complete nandroid backup from CWM.

If nothing works then flashing a Custom ROM might clear it.

Hope this may be useful. If really press 'Thanks' :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones