1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Wildfire S - Wi-Fi issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SlipperySid, Jun 23, 2011.

1. SlipperySid

SlipperySid Lurker
    None

Apr 23, 2010
    I have a Wildfire S (Android 2.3) and am having problems connecting to the internet through a BeThere internet "Be Box" (a Thompson SpeedTouch 585). During an hour and a half phone call to a very helpful guy BeThere support, we ascertained that the issue is because the router assigns a Default Gateway IP address of 0.0.0.0, which appears to prevent any internet access. If I configure a static IP address on the phone, with a gateway address pointing to the router, everything works fine.

The Wildfire S also work fine on Wi-Fi through other routers I

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Welcome to the forums.

After the 2.3 upgrade on the DHD this was a common problem.

Have you tried upgrading the routers firmware as this fixed some users problems.

The only alternative is a static IP I'm afraid.

3. WildfireSUser

WildfireSUser Lurker
    None

Jun 27, 2011
    HI!! I have a wifi issue as well but a bit different. Also I want to mention that i am a total "noob" and i dont know what all those (WEP,WPA...) actually mean. :D
    So, the day i got my wildfire s, i was going to the town(to find a hotspot,no router at home). And when i found a good hotspot it didnt work. It obtains the address, and after few seconds it disconnects and is unable to scann for more hotspots until it is turned off and back on. Then i tried a software to fix it. I ran it and the next day i went to the park and i have downloaded a couple of games it was working fine. And the day after, i went to the same place and it did not work >.< It did connect, but wont access the internet. A friend that has a 2.1 orifinal wildfire has full wifi without problems. I really want wi fi on my phone and i dont know how to get it :( please hellp!