1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Wildfire S won't sync with computer!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ballynure, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Ballynure

Ballynure Lurker
    None

Sep 27, 2011
    Seems a lot of people are having problems syncing their HTC Wildfire S with their computer .....and I'm one of them. I'm not the most "smart" phone operator (hahah little joke!) so any instructions to me will have to be quite simple with lots of detailed steps. I can't find any other posts that address my particular problem.

After much effort I finally got the HTC Sync (3.0.5557) logo to download and appear on my desktop of both computers - one uses Vista and the other 7 service for netbooks. Unfortunately when I connect my Wildfire S via USB the newly installed program launches a window which says that the device was "not recognized." I then launch the help setting which tells me to download "HTC Sync Suite Update" which fails to install right at the end of the download. This seems to be an endless loop which continues over and over no matter how many times I try to install the update.

Other gibberish associated with my phone which may help is as follows: Android 2.3.3; HTC sense version 2.1; and, software no. 1.52.841.1.

I assume that by installing the update all my problems will be solved and the computer and phone will be able to talk to each other!

If this is correct, how do I get my computers to accept the update? Any suggestions would be gratefully received but I don't really know if the above will solve the problem. It's hard to ask for help when you don't even really know the proper question.

Cheers and best regards to you all.

Advertisement

2. thing50

thing50 Lurker
    None

Sep 27, 2011
    When your phone prompts you to choose a type of USB connection are you selecting 'HTC Sync'?
    Also make sure you select USB Debugging in Settings > Applications > Development before connecting your phone to the computer.

Ballynure likes this.
  3. Ballynure

Ballynure Lurker
    None

Sep 27, 2011
    That seems to have done the trick. It was far more simple than I thought. Thank you very much.

But stay tuned I am sure I will need some more help

4. Ballynure

Ballynure Lurker
    None

Sep 27, 2011
    Oops spoke too soon!

It worked with windows 7 but so far not with Vista. At least I'm half way fixed.:thinking:

5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    I found MyPhoneExplorer a much better sync solution than HTC Sync, you might want to give that a whirl. :)

6. Willi10nz

Willi10nz Lurker
    None

Jan 18, 2012
    Well I have had wildfire s issues with xp working intermittently and after installing the latest release of htc sync last week it failed to work with every trick. These were USB debugging, htc sync on phone, exiting htc sync ANC restarting and if all else failed pulling battery and memory card from phone to sort the cant mount memory card issue. So after limping along for 6 months everything has now stopped working and so I upgraded to win 7. No luck at all so I plan to change to a third party ap.

7. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert
    None

Oct 17, 2010
    I wish ....
    Sunny Cornwall
    As El Presidente says, for with MyPhoneExplorer. I use it to sync two phones with Outlook (2010 but still with XP Pro). My own Desire HD and the wife's WS. Both over wifi and have no problems at all.

Dave