1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Wildfire S won't sync?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nicksponge, Sep 17, 2011.

1. nicksponge

nicksponge Lurker
    None

Sep 17, 2011
    Hi everyone,

My phone seems to have a problem syncing. (Not talking about the HTC Sync you use when you connect the phone to your PC; I mean the autosync that you find under "Accounts & sync" in Settings.) I have both Background data sync and Auto-sync checked. I also have Facebook for HTC Sense, Google account, and other accounts checked for syncing. The thing is it's been over a week since anything has synced. If I click the "Sync all" button, or if I go into an account and click "Sync now," nothing happens.

The main reason I'm annoyed is because I'm using the Google Music beta app, and the songs from Google Music won't sync to my phone. Most other apps like Weather, Facebook, etc. sync when I open the app. I've had Music sync songs to my device before, I don't know why it stopped working now.

I've already tried rebooting the phone numerous times. I also have about 14 mb of free space left on the phone, but I should think this is irrelevant seeing as Music Beta syncs my music to my SD Card, where I have tons of space. (Then again, I don't know if it's relevant or not.)

I'm running 2.2 on a Wildfire S, carrier Virgin Canada.

Is there anyone else with the same problem, or anyone who knows a solution? Thanks in advance for your responses! :D

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Welcome to AF! :)

Are you talking about the Wildfire S or the original Wildfire? As far as I'm aware, the Wildfire S shipped with 2.3.3 globally? Shouldn't make much difference to solving your problem though, Just so I can move to the right forum if need be.

What I found when this happened to me was to turn off autosync, force a manual one, then turn autosync back on. See if that works for you.

3. kermitsnephew

kermitsnephew Lurker
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    Hi I've had the Wildfire S for a few months and have had a fair few problems (most of which I've managed to sort). The latest one is that sync all has stopped responding and auto sync hasn't happened for 3 days (apps/accounts do sync when I open them, such as email etc.,)
    I've uninstalled the HTC sync widget to see if that makes any difference (which it hasn't), I've turned auto sync off in accounts and sync and then restarted it, again no difference. Oh and I've restarted the phone & removed the battery...same result, no change.
    Does anyone have any idea what I should do or why the problem has occurred?

Many Thanks :)

4. kermitsnephew

kermitsnephew Lurker
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    Any ideas at all would be great....sorry don't mean to sound impatient, but it's driving me nuts!

Thanks again :)

5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Lol, don't worry about it, at least you were polite :p

I honestly have no idea unfortunately. Like I say, the switching to manual fixed it for me.

I've had a look at the settings and you can't clear the cache and data associated with the accounts and sync app. Normally, that's a possible fix when apps are misbehaving, but with accounts and sync, the option isn't there.

The only other thing I can suggest is a factory reset. :thinking:

You've not got an app like Tasker or Juice Defender installed have you? Have you installed anything before or around the time it started happening.

kermitsnephew likes this.
  6. kermitsnephew

kermitsnephew Lurker
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    Hi and thanks for the rsponse,

No I don't have either of those apps installed, I'll have a look see if i installed anything around the time sync stopped working (btw manual sync as in sync now doesn't work for me either).

Factory reset, oh how depressing lol! That'll be the second time in the two months that I've had the thing. My old LG may have been simple but it was reliable:)

Thanks for the info!

7. Harish Harris

Harish Harris Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 12, 2010
    How much of internal memory do you have on your phone? Sometimes sync wont work properly if there is lack of internal memory

kermitsnephew and El Presidente like this.
  8. kermitsnephew

kermitsnephew Lurker
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    Hi I have between 10 and 15 MB left on the internal memory, I've moved all that will move to the sd card, so with out removing apps I'm a bit stuck. Might try temporarily uninstalling some to see if it makes a difference with sync.

Thanks for the advice :)

9. kermitsnephew

kermitsnephew Lurker
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    That worked! Cheers!!:D Just need to figure out how to make some space in the internal memory so that I can re-install my apps:eek: