1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Wildfire s wont work with HTC sync

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bigblock61, Jan 1, 2012.

1. bigblock61

bigblock61 Lurker
    None

Jan 1, 2012
    I have a Wildfire S phone with Virgin Mobile. I want to try to root it. I started following the directions in the rooting thread but I can't get the phone to work with HTC sync. It tells me that I can download it from my SD card. How do you do that? I don't seem to be able to figure that out. Is there anybody that can help me with getting sync to work? I am a total noob but I can figure most things out. This one is driving me insane.

Advertisement

2. brotherswing

brotherswing Android Expert
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    Male
    Full time Dad, cook
    In my living room.
    I just used mithusan's guide, stickied here, to root. Worked great, I recommend it. You don't need sync to work, just the drivers it installs.

3. insink71

insink71 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    Male
    Yep.. probably got something to do w/ usb debugging [under menu, settings, applications, development] or Fast boot [under menu, settings, power]. I remember those switches were both red herrings way back when I rooted.

Rob

4. bigblock61

bigblock61 Lurker
    None

Jan 1, 2012
    I downloaded it to my computer and it installed the drivers and it wont let me select the MMC1. That's where it stops I've been trying to use simonsimons34 tutorial to S-off my phone. I'll try mithusan's maybe I'll have better luck.