• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help wildfire screen problems

kunz93

Lurker
Feb 16, 2011
Hi guys this is the first time i'm posting on this forum. I got my wildfire back in october and up until yesterday night 15/2/11 the phone was working perfectly fine.
Since yesterday the screen on my wildfire doesn't work i.e. it is always black and no images appear. However when i press the button at the top the 4 buttons at the bottom light up and the yellow service button also lights up when i have a miss call or email etc.
No matter how many times i remove the battery and try restart it etc. or press the power button, the screen doesn't turn on and remains black. On the odd occasion however it does work but very rarely and when it does i can use it fine however the minute it locks again, it stops working when i try and unlock the phone.
Does ANYONE have any idea as to why this is happening and more importantly anyway that it can be solved? please im really desperate here haha.

p.s i installed a few apps yesterday for fitness etc that were on the android market for free and it was all ok. The problems started after these installations. Not sure if that makes a difference in anyway.

Thanks in advance :)

It sounds like your devices and the new apps (or one of them) are not playing nice together. ;)

I'd do a reset, a factory data reset and just start over. I'd not install those same apps, but look into them (google around) as to complaints about one or more of them.

1. Turn the power off. If your HTC Wildfire is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
  2. Hold the Volume Down button
  3. Press and release the Power button
  4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
  5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
  6. Press and release the Power button
  7. Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO

If you selected YES, all data including third-party applications will be deleted from the HTC Wildfire. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones