• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wildfire Stuck on htc screen

Trijinx

Lurker
Aug 30, 2012
So today I have managed to drop my phone in water. I didnt let the phone sit in there pulled it right out. Had it hooked to the charger. I turned off the phone and let it dry out. This happen around 5pm that i dropped it in the water. It's been turned off since then. Time now is 4:43am and still the phone will not boot up past the first HTC screen. I had put the battery back in around 7-7:30pm phone booted past the first screen showed the HTC quietly brilliant booted past that Showed the Virgin Moblie Screen. Booted past that. Got into the main menu of the phone. Checked to make sure touch was working. Opened up setting opened up a few other things, Phone freezes in the process of returning to main menu. I took out the battery let it sit for a hour put it back in and now it's not going past the first boot screen. My phone is rooted. But i forgot to do a backup...Stupid me!!! I cant even acess the boot menu. Please help!!!

EDIT!! So today i tryed it again to restart up my phone after leaving it off the whole day. Still no luck moving past the HTC screen. Turned it off and i waited a few hours to do it again...Phone will not even show HTC screen...It will boot up bootloader screen and that's it...Any solutions or am i just plain jacked

Put the battery in a bowl of rice. The rice will absorb all the moisture which is still remaining. Leave the battery there for 3-4 days . DON'T try to start the phone for the next couple of days. It will damage the phone even more!
The mistake people do is to try and boot their phone only a couple of hours after trying to get it to dry. It takes a couple of days if you are lucky enough!!

Upvote 0
Well ok. Even if i've screwed my self already turned it on..Should of not done it. Is there a chance to save it. Cause a problem has already occurred
The touch wont work. Buy a new one or get a new phone. I'm very good in tech stuff in taking stuff apart and repairing parts. Or even breaking something for it to work *psp power button stuck on hold LOL just broke the button. but still able to flick it up to turn it on >_<* But when things come to replacing i'm very understanding. Best bet. Buy a new touch and replace? buy a new phone? Also there is a little red light on all the time next to the HTC emblem on the screen. What's this mean. The charge light does not come on. *the lights in the speaker* but the speaker works, Vibe works can see the screen perfect. But no touch. little red light. and no orange or green light in speaker part

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones