• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

will a G1 work on pre paid?

SupraEA

Nov 16, 2010
I am currently using a Sprint Hero and looking into buying my girlfriend a pre paid android phone since she doesn't really use the "phone" so much and I love android. Does the G1 work if its on a pre paid plan? If its rooted, will it work? cause I can do that too. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

if you have at least cell service you can hit Menu>APN>New APN>Put APN for the first open space and Wap.voicestream.com for the second line and save and then sign into your Gmail account and it should go through (this is from my personal experience only) just fine. I used a T-mobile Prepaid Sim that i had activated over the phone with a Tmobile Rep and all went well (just make sure you have them put your minutes card on for you)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones