• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Will a Griffin adapter fry my Droid?

DearPrudence

Sep 17, 2010
I have a friend who bought a cheap no name gas station charger for his iphone and it fried both his iphone and radio. I have a Griffin adapter where you just plug any usb end in to it and itll fit in the lighter hole. I have a separate Griffin ipod charger cord that has worked well for years and the car adapter I just mentioned works well for the ipod/cord too. I haven't had any problems but I don't want to mess up my new Fascinate. Any info or opinions?

I have a friend who bought a cheap no name gas station charger for his iphone and it fried both his iphone and radio. I have a Griffin adapter where you just plug any usb end in to it and itll fit in the lighter hole. I have a separate Griffin ipod charger cord that has worked well for years and the car adapter I just mentioned works well for the ipod/cord too. I haven't had any problems but I don't want to mess up my new Fascinate. Any info or opinions?
You know, i think that was a general iphone problem, i know a couple of people that have had that problem with their iphone... fried from generic USB chargers.

I THINK you should be alright, i have used generic USB to mini-usb wall ports for many of devices, and haven't had any problems, not that particular brand though. Not on the Fascinate either.

P.S. You might get a bit of a hard-time referring to the Fascinate as a "DROID". hahaha.

Upvote 0
You know, i think that was a general iphone problem, i know a couple of people that have had that problem with their iphone... fried from generic USB chargers.

I THINK you should be alright, i have used generic USB to mini-usb wall ports for many of devices, and haven't had any problems, not that particular brand though. Not on the Fascinate either.

P.S. You might get a bit of a hard-time referring to the Fascinate as a "DROID". hahaha.

Ha! Okay, thanks! I feel like it'll be okay too but I wanted to make sure first. Anyone else know of Griffin products with Fascinates?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones