• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Will a kernel affect battery temp?

MizzouBrent

Android Expert
Feb 13, 2011
Olathe, KS
I installed the netarchy-toastmod-4.3.2-cfs-nosbc-havs-more kernel last night and I think my phone is running a little warmer than usual. I use Battery Indicator to monitor the temp and it seems like it's running at 100 degrees Farenheit right now and was at 105 a few minutes ago.

I'm not overclocking, and I'm using SetCPU with the SA governor setting. Is that a normal temp for a battery? What is considered a "safe" range for a battery? It seems like it was in the low 90's with a different kernel, I think it was the netarchy 4.3.1 kernel with havs and no sbc.

It's not something I monitor religiously, but my phone rebooted for no apparent reason and I was thinking this might have had something to do with it. I was running 4G trying to download a theme for Kings Ultra R2 if that makes a difference.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones