• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

will a verizon note 3 work on the sprint network?

sampson158

Lurker
Jan 26, 2016
Trying to get a little help with my new Galaxy note 3. I am upgrading from the sprint note 2 (which i still love) and getting into a note 3. I have an old plan with Sprint that gives me unlimited everything on 2 devices for $100 per month. They are refusing to let me upgrade and keep my current pan. So I decided to buy a used phone off ebay (refurbished from a professional) I was under the assumption that I could use any CDMA phone and it would work on the sprint network so I ordered a Verizon Note 3. I'm also a bit new to sim cards, so I had to go to the Sprint corporate store to get one. Once there they informed me that this phone would not work on the sprint network and that they could not activate the phone on my sprint account. I asked why a CDMA phone wouldnt work on a CDMA network. and the guy at the desk said that the verizon phone had totally different antennas and uses a completely different technology than the Sprint phones did. Was this guy just lying to me or is this true. please help.

Here's an article from November of last year that might help you out. What it boils down to though is "Taking your Verizon device to Sprint isn’t yet possible. Despite both carriers sharing the same basic technology, Verizon devices won’t respond to Sprint service, and Sprint won't accept customer requests to activate a Verizon phone on its network." The smartphone arena is a very competitive place.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones