1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Will an LG G6 bought from USA work in Canada

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Natalina B, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Natalina B

Natalina B Lurker

I want to buy an unlocked LG G6 but I can only buy from Best Buy in Canada and it is cheaper to buy from USA even with the dollar exchange. However I know there are differences between phones from different countries, so I was wondering if anyone had any experiences buying a phone in the US and then using it in Canada. My carrier is Rogers.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. LittleToSay

LittleToSay Lurker

I'd just buy a locked phone here (I'm in Canada also) and then purchase a unlock code for $4 online. That's what I did and actually switched from Rogers to Koodo. More data, unlimited international call & text, no contract with Koodo and it's less than half of what I was paying with Rogers.

3. LittleToSay

LittleToSay Lurker

I just read this as well, so buying from here and unlocking is probably your best bet!

***To answer your question CaptainInsano, Canada use the same frequencies as AT&T in the states (850mhz for voice, 1900mhz for data) so any phone that AT&T sells you can import here and use on any network.

Phones from other networks (Sprint, Verizon, Tmobile, etc.) will work up here for voice calling only. Their data technologies are not compatible with our networks. You would be forced to use WiFi for any data transfers to the phone.

4. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

It'll work, but if you do a Google voice search it ends with "A"...

hzryr61 likes this.

LG G6 Forum

The LG G6 release date was March 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 821 processor, and 3300mAh battery.

March 2017
Release Date
Reviews