• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

will an unused full charged battery lose power after some time?

cheeks123

Sep 1, 2011
I'm thinking about buying a backup battery for when I'm unable to charge the battery for a long time.

now I want to have a full charged battery in my room and when I need it I bring it with me and use it.

but I'm scared if I don't touch it for 1 - 6 months the battery power will drop and I want a guruatee it's charged and not worry about bringing it with me and find out the power is gone because I haven't used it in a long time.

but I'm scared if I don't touch it for 1 - 6 months the battery power will drop and I want a guruatee it's charged and not worry about bringing it with me and find out the power is gone because I haven't used it in a long time.

It will discharge slowly over time. I would say after 6 months it wouldnt be empty but it certainly wouldnt still be at full charge either.

If you have a spare and swap the batteries over every month or so it should be ok and the spare should then have a reasonable charge in emergencies.

Or..

You could buy the 2 Anker 1900mAh sensation batteries with charger off Amazon ..
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-1900mAh-Sensation-Standard-commutator/dp/B005DY4MAW/ref=pd_cp_ce_1

People are getting good results with these, roughly 25% extra performance over the stock HTC battery, and they also seem to run a lot cooler too. If you got the set of 2, you could keep one in your phone and the other spare for emergencies making sure its always topped up by giving it a little boost in the supplied charger every few weeks.

cheers

Reactions: cheeks123
Upvote 0
I use a portable charger.
Its battery status I can look up at three LED when I switch on the charger (so I can look every month ;) ).

But the main advantages of portable charger are:
You can charge other phones or your next phone (HTC Vigor :) ) with it.
You can charge your phone two to three times with one full charge of portable's battery.
You don't have to shut down and open your phone, you can use your phone while charging :)

I use the the JustMobile Gum Pro.
4400mAh and 130g leight.

Harry

Reactions: cheeks123
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones