1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Will Android 2.1 update add sync for Exchange tasks?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jvolzer, Apr 8, 2010.

1. jvolzer

jvolzer Newbie
    None

Apr 7, 2010
    Will the Android 2.1 update for the Eris finally allow Exchange tasks to sync with the phone? Will I have to go with some 3rd party paid app like Touchdown to get this? I don't like the idea of non-native apps that may not integrate as well.

Advertisement

2. jeffgman

jeffgman Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Male
    California
    I am curious about the same thing. I have heard two different answers regarding this. I heard it does, and I have heard it does not. I am pretty sure under the original 2.1 specs about Exchange support it says it does. But, I do know that Exchange support is based on what the carrier wants to allow.

Jeff

3. jvolzer

jvolzer Newbie
    None

Apr 7, 2010
    I guess the issue here is whether or not HTC updates their e-mail app since that's the one we're working with here, rather than the native Android app (which I think was quite limited in Exchange support with Android 1.5...which I'll bet is a big reason HTC provides their own).

Jarrett

4. jeffgman

jeffgman Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Male
    California
    Yes, very true. Version 1.5 did not have any Exchange built in. We have Exchange support because HTC added it to their proprietary e-mail client that we use on the Eris. Google added native Exchange support in version 2.0. But, it does very much depend on which e-mail client HTC is using in their 2.1 ROM.

Jeff