1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Will Android ever support ID3tag album artist?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by krYshuT, Feb 15, 2011.

1. krYshuT

krYshuT Lurker

Hello Android community!

So I've decided to buy an Android phone and replace my old Nokia. I really like Android OS, but there's this thing that bugs me. I was playing with friend's Galaxy S and I've noticed, that the music player reads only MP3's "Artist" tag, but it doesn't read "Album artist" like for example WMP does. So, if there are more artists on one album and you sort your music by Artist, it splits that album in several folders. Music player is really important to me, and if there is a way how to make music player read "album artist" tag, it would be nice, so is it possible? Now it does serious mess in my music.

In WMP sorting: http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/3424/beznzvuhp.png

Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks for helping.

Advertisement

2. Stupifier

Stupifier Android Enthusiast

Short Answer:
    There are at least 50 different music players available.....they all have different features. Some with "Album Artist" support.

Longer Answer:
    Here is a VERY important thing about Android I must mention. There are millions of options. Meaning, the music player your Friend is using may not have "Album artist" support....but a handful of other Music Players may have "Album artist" support. You just have to find them.

With Android, you are NEVER stuck using an application you do not like. You can always find a replacement that will likely have the features you are looking for. The Music Player that your friend has is just one music player.

Maybe someone else here can point directly to a music player with Album Artist support.

3. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation

I'm not understanding what you're saying. Are you trying to sort by album? If so you can select Albums and it will sort all the various artists that are on that album into the corresponding folder.

4. krYshuT

krYshuT Lurker

Great post, thanks :) Can't wait to get my first Android phone ^^

5. Stupifier

Stupifier Android Enthusiast