1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Will apps disapear after unmounting?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Yichak, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Yichak

Yichak Lurker

Hi.
    1 .Hi have 3 gb of apps on my sd card and after i rebooted it som apps disapeared so i went ahead and downloaded them again and moved them again to my sd card and rebioted again and they keep on disaperring why is that?
    2. If i unmoant my sd card and put it back in my phone will it mess up my apps ( make them disapear and mess up my home screen)?
    3. I recently bought a 128 gd san disk ultra plus sd card brand new from best buy.
    I checked the sd and every thing is real!
    When i try to move certain apps that can be moved i get a message saying not enough memory on sd or somthing like that.
    And i have arround 90 gb left!!! It is really annoying
    P.s. i am running android nouget (7)
    And have a galaxy s7 edge
    Thank u so much!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Yichak

Yichak Lurker

Please help me
    Im begging!!

3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

How did you mount that SD card when you first inserted it? as adoptable storage or just for files?

How are you moving those apps to the sd card? That shouldn't be an option with Nougat.

4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

You waited a whole 20 minutes? ;)

I may not be able to help much, as it's several years since I moved apps to SD, and I've no experience with that phone/software combination. But absolutely if you unmount the card you will break all apps that are moved to it. But that should not be permanent, so if they do not work after remounting the card a reboot should fix them. So apps disappearing after a reboot is definitely wrong.

I assume you are using the system settings to move apps, not some app. If you are using a third party method then please tell us what that is. Also if you get an error message when you try to move an app then please tell us exactly what it says - we only have the information you give us, so it helps if this is as complete as possible.

While I'm here though, how did you test the new card?

5. Yichak

Yichak Lurker

I just put the sd card in i did not mount it
    And there is a option for that in android 7 u go to apps then click the app then storage the sd card then move

6. Yichak

Yichak Lurker

I used some app from the app store i saw on some thread and ill post a screen shot of the error message

7. Hadron

VIP Member

Ok, your previous post said you used the option in the settings, then your next talks about using an app. Are you talking about the same thing here, as you appear to be contradicting yourself.

8. Hadron

VIP Member

Inserting the sd card should mount it, though there should be an option to manually mount it if that doesn't happen.

9. Yichak

Yichak Lurker

Im using the settings to move the sd card but using an app called app2sd to check witch apps are able to be moved
    And btw i just solved that problem by rebooting my phone so basiclly i have one question: does rebooting yout phone or unmounting and removing ur sd card with apps on it and then putting the sd back in my phone mess uo apps meaning delete the apps from the sd card or mess up my apps screen order of icons
    Thank u all for everything!!!

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 820 processor, and 3600mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews