• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will apps disapear after unmounting?

Yichak

Lurker
Jul 3, 2017
Hi.
1 .Hi have 3 gb of apps on my sd card and after i rebooted it som apps disapeared so i went ahead and downloaded them again and moved them again to my sd card and rebioted again and they keep on disaperring why is that?
2. If i unmoant my sd card and put it back in my phone will it mess up my apps ( make them disapear and mess up my home screen)?
3. I recently bought a 128 gd san disk ultra plus sd card brand new from best buy.
I checked the sd and every thing is real!
When i try to move certain apps that can be moved i get a message saying not enough memory on sd or somthing like that.
And i have arround 90 gb left!!! It is really annoying
P.s. i am running android nouget (7)
And have a galaxy s7 edge
Thank u so much!!!

You waited a whole 20 minutes? ;)

I may not be able to help much, as it's several years since I moved apps to SD, and I've no experience with that phone/software combination. But absolutely if you unmount the card you will break all apps that are moved to it. But that should not be permanent, so if they do not work after remounting the card a reboot should fix them. So apps disappearing after a reboot is definitely wrong.

I assume you are using the system settings to move apps, not some app. If you are using a third party method then please tell us what that is. Also if you get an error message when you try to move an app then please tell us exactly what it says - we only have the information you give us, so it helps if this is as complete as possible.

While I'm here though, how did you test the new card?

Upvote 0
Im using the settings to move the sd card but using an app called app2sd to check witch apps are able to be moved
And btw i just solved that problem by rebooting my phone so basiclly i have one question: does rebooting yout phone or unmounting and removing ur sd card with apps on it and then putting the sd back in my phone mess uo apps meaning delete the apps from the sd card or mess up my apps screen order of icons
Thank u all for everything!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones