• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

will att release this awesome phone?

Is there a reason you have to switch to AT&T? Verizon has a better network, has faster 4G, and neither have unlimited data anymore.

The top 3 Reasons I can think of (for me anyway) to stay with ATT:

#4) I have unlimited data
#3) Much prefer GSM technology. Simultaneous voice & data, can take phones anywhere and swap phones at will. With Verizon, you're basically stuck in the USA.
#2) ATT plans a bit cheaper.
#1) I get a 25% discount on voice & data plan and 50% discount on accessories. Best I can get on Verizon is 10% voice & data zero on accessories.

Upvote 0
i heard about this all the time, and i know.
the problem is that im an exchange student from Hong Kong, i go back to my hometown just about every summer! So a sim car slot is a must!:( so sad...

If this turns out to be a world phone, it will have a SIM slot. Unfortunately I haven't seen a yay or nay about that that. Has anyone heard if it is or not?

Upvote 0
Odds are there may be two variants of the nexus. One for verizon, and the other for tmo and att. According to BGR and GSMarena, they have two conflicting stat sheets, one points to verizon exclusive, the other points to gsm and cdma. I'm willing to bet that there will be two variants, and the BGR and GSMarena are both correct.

But of course, this is all speculation...

Upvote 0
I would go with probably not yet for anything other than vzw, that includes sprint att and tmobile.I believe the one that passed thru fcc with gsm bands is going to be phone for rest of the world other then the US.

Tmobile, att, and sprint got their own sgs2 variants to hold people over till the np arrives in the spring which i am guessing.

Upvote 0
Im getting this phone even if i have to start another line, take that sim card out and add my old one. ITS JUST THAT SIMPLE!!!

I'm tired of waiting on these slow carriers to come out with update. How much is this phone going to cost without a contract. I figure i can get at least $250 for my LG Thrill.

Well the Bionic goes for I believe $649 retail ...lol, my lady bought it, and after 3 days said...There is no way i'm paying this much for a phone with a pentile screen, and a terrible camera...

Any way...the LTE 4G phones are up there retail wise.

On a GSM carrier your probably looking at about $500/$550

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones