• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will be gone for a while.

So I his funeral will be sometime this week. (Autopsy because of suspicions of medical malpractice ..)

In the meantime I have decided to take up learning my ancestors language of French to take my mind off of feelings of sadness.

I have improved to the point where I can listen to French radio on my TuneIn app (at night during sleep to get it subconsciously) and be able string together bits and pieces of sentences. Its a small step, especially considering of only been learning for 4 days with absolutely no prior knowledge of the language.

I'm going to learn Spanish after I learn most of my French.

I've been grieving but handling it very well. How has everyone else been?

Hey hey! :)

Bonjour (I can pronounce but not spell I can't spell French to save my life and my French is very bad :D) mesoir! :)

Commence ce va? :) (I am trying to say it as I would pronounce it but I really don't think I spelt that right at all! :D)

Commence ce va = How are you? :D (I think I figured this part out from 2 people talking I think so?)

"Sava veer" (I am fine? :D) Is this right so far? :D:D:D (I think?)

Well I am extremely relieved to hear you are doing well. :)

I was a bit worried.

You ask how I am doing?

Thank you. It is kind to ask such an important question that is hardly ever asked at all these sad days.

But not well at all.

I am worried I need to relax and let go for a while.

Considering asking for the extremely addictive sleeping pills again to try and knock my self out... or at least hope.

Have not done this for about 4 years and only did it for about a month.

I am having extreme issues again.

Extreme dissociation that is now so bad my vision blurs because I am so screwed up and delusional.

And no I am not crazy... just disturbed. :(

So no not doing well at all right now.

Struggling to focus vision blurs badly at timess.

Dissociation (psychology) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But thank you for asking.

Don't worry about me I will be fine. :)

Array vwaa! :)

(Good bye I think?)

Upvote 0
All I can really find to say is thank you. Really that made my day. :)

Hey it is all good bud!

I am glad that I could cheer you up!

:)

I am... very sorry to hear about your father and the way he is handling such a delicate matter in such a silly way.

I am also extremely sorry to hear about your grandmother.

I nervous breakdown is an extremely extremely extremely serious thing (to me at least) and it seems you seriously need to be there for your grandmother.

Are you handling this okay?

You are strong.

I can see it for miles away.

Don't you give up you hear?

You are strong. I can see it.

strength-motivational-cover.jpg

Upvote 0
Hey hey! :)

Bonjour (I can pronounce but not spell I can't spell French to save my life and my French is very bad :D) mesoir! :)

Commence ce va? :) (I am trying to say it as I would pronounce it but I really don't think I spelt that right at all! :D)

Commence ce va = How are you? :D (I think I figured this part out from 2 people talking I think so?)

"Sava veer" (I am fine? :D) Is this right so far? :D:D:D (I think?)

Well I am extremely relieved to hear you are doing well. :)

I was a bit worried.

You ask how I am doing?

Thank you. It is kind to ask such an important question that is hardly ever asked at all these sad days.

But not well at all.

I am worried I need to relax and let go for a while.

Considering asking for the extremely addictive sleeping pills again to try and knock my self out... or at least hope.

Have not done this for about 4 years and only did it for about a month.

I am having extreme issues again.

Extreme dissociation that is now so bad my vision blurs because I am so screwed up and delusional.

And no I am not crazy... just disturbed. :(

So no not doing well at all right now.

Struggling to focus vision blurs badly at timess.

Dissociation (psychology) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But thank you for asking.

Don't worry about me I will be fine. :)

Array vwaa! :)

(Good bye I think?)

How are you would be comment allez-vous? Or..

Reactions: Member243850
Upvote 0
Hey it is all good bud!

I am glad that I could cheer you up!

I am... very sorry to hear about your father and the way he is handling such a delicate matter in such a silly way.

I am also extremely sorry to hear about your grandmother.

I nervous breakdown is an extremely extremely extremely serious thing (to me at least) and it seems you seriously need to be there for your grandmother.

Are you handling this okay?

You are strong.

I can see it for miles away.

Don't you give up you hear?

You are strong. I can see it.

strength-motivational-cover.jpg

I've never been one to give up. :)

I try to be as strong as I can in any situation. Thank you for your encouraging words. :)

Upvote 0
I just wanted to thank everyone for the incredible amount of support you all have given. :)

Or as the French would say

Merci! :)

Merci "bukoo"!! :D

Merci "bukoo" that means "very much" hey? :D

Is that correct my "ami" (friend)? ;)

I really cannot spell French but I know how to pronounce (sort of only!!) French only a handle full of words really! :)

This cool guy from the Congo (previously French colony) I was sitting in the queue at my university waiting to ask for my question and then I realised he had a slightly French accent so he was blown away by a South African speaking almost "fluent" French to him but I think he was just being very nice and polite!

We had a good long conversation in French and he said "I can speak French brilliantly" but I know he was just trying to be nice! :D

Cool guy that he was. :)

I wonder how is cracking? :)

But then I told him I may sound like I know but I can't spell it to save my LIFE! :D

He says I "know" French but oh boy do I already know I suck! :)

:D

xD

Ja bruizer! :D

Upvote 0
Merci "bukoo"!! :D

Merci "bukoo" that means "very much" hey? :D
Yes, 'thank you very much'--but it's spelled 'merci beaucoup' :D

I really cannot spell French but I know how to pronounce (sort of only!!) French only a handle full of words really! :)
I'm the opposite, now. I used to speak French fluently, but as I've mentioned if you don't use it, you lose it. And lose it I did. BUT I can still do a pretty good job of getting the gist of things if written in French. Weird.

Upvote 0

I'm the opposite, now. I used to speak French fluently, but as I've mentioned if you don't use it, you lose it. And lose it I did. BUT I can still do a pretty good job of getting the gist of things if written in French. Weird.

Funny, I can speak almost fluently but horrible at writing? :thinking:

Upvote 0
Sorry I didn't see this thread sooner, my condolences, ss1992, hang in there.

Stinky, don't self medicate. Get the help you need. Don't let things snowball.

Thank you. :)

And Stinky Stinky if you see this I agree, I'm not sure of the affects of sleeping pills on dissociation, but I would highly advise going to a psychiatrist or whoever you need to see to get help.

Please I beg of you get help, don't worry though I don't think you're crazy either, I personally think it's more common than people think.

I actually have read that its actually extremely common (mental health "issues" ) as more time goes on the more we find more and more people having mental illnesses. Not from more people being afflicted, but by more understanding.

Stay strong and healthy.

Upvote 0

Funny, I can speak almost fluently but horrible at writing? :thinking:
I'm guessing that it has something to do with when we learned. You're learning French now, while I started in 8th grade. Children's brains have this magical ability to learn foreign languages much more easily than older people--and the younger, the better. That's why children raised in bilingual households so easily speak both languages. (I'm kind of envious of that. I'd love to learn a new language, but I think I'm just too old and...something...to do it now.)

Upvote 0
I'm guessing that it has something to do with when we learned. You're learning French now, while I started in 8th grade. Children's brains have this magical ability to learn foreign languages much more easily than older people--and the younger, the better. That's why children raised in bilingual households so easily speak both languages. (I'm kind of envious of that. I'd love to learn a new language, but I think I'm just too old and...something...to do it now.)

I don't know. I mean I still remember German "phrases"
Wie ist dein Name?

Du hasst mich

Wie geht es Ihnen?

I know yellow, green, red, and blue as well as hello, goodbye, good morning, and goodnight in Spanish. I know some others too.

I learned it in 8th also. But I'm also only 20.

Upvote 0
I don't know. I mean I still remember German "phrases"
Wie ist dein Name?

Du hasst mich

Wie geht es Ihnen?

I know yellow, green, red, and blue as well as hello, goodbye, good morning, and goodnight in Spanish. I know some others too.

I learned it in 8th also. But I'm also only 20.
Oh, dear. The last time *I* saw 20, it was 1920! :eek: :rofl:

Upvote 0
Lol what is your age if you dont mmind me asking?
I freely admit to "over 40." And at times I'll even admit that I'm "50-something." That's as close as you're going to get! :laugh:

How are you doing today, ss? You're sounding good, like you're doing okay, but it's so hard to accurately read things online, especially in a situation like this, with a death of a loved one. I hope you're taking good care of yourself.

Also, how's your grandmother handling things now?

One thing I think I've forgotten to say is that there's no "right" way to grieve, nor is there a time limit. So go with whatever you're feeling, and trust that it's right for YOU.

Upvote 0
Thank you. :)

And Stinky Stinky if you see this I agree, I'm not sure of the affects of sleeping pills on dissociation, but I would highly advise going to a psychiatrist or whoever you need to see to get help.

Please I beg of you get help, don't worry though I don't think you're crazy either, I personally think it's more common than people think.

I actually have read that its actually extremely common (mental health "issues" ) as more time goes on the more we find more and more people having mental illnesses. Not from more people being afflicted, but by more understanding.

Stay strong and healthy.

No medication cannot solve my problems

Hasn't done this for 10 years.

What will stop my problems is a "family" that will finally stop bashing on my door, leave me alone, stop throwing things around in a narcissistic rage like a 4 year old and allow me to speak to them with out abusing my rights like a dictator and being threatened day in and day out.

Medication will never solve any of these problems no matter how much "mini crack" you take.

My problems run much much much deeper.

Need to get a full time job and escape, now THAT... will fix all my problems... I won't need to be a punch bag anymore...

I am sorry about your problems.

Please don't worry about me I am fine.

Just need to escape.

Upvote 0
I freely admit to "over 40." And at times I'll even admit that I'm "50-something." That's as close as you're going to get! :laugh:

How are you doing today, ss? You're sounding good, like you're doing okay, but it's so hard to accurately read things online, especially in a situation like this, with a death of a loved one. I hope you're taking good care of yourself.

Also, how's your grandmother handling things now?

One thing I think I've forgotten to say is that there's no "right" way to grieve, nor is there a time limit. So go with whatever you're feeling, and trust that it's right for YOU.

It was his visitation today. The embalmer did a really good job. My grandma and I are doing alot better. :)

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0
No medication cannot solve my problems

Hasn't done this for 10 years.

What will stop my problems is a "family" that will finally stop bashing on my door, leave me alone, stop throwing things around in a narcissistic rage like a 4 year old and allow me to speak to them with out abusing my rights like a dictator and being threatened day in and day out.

Medication will never solve any of these problems no matter how much "mini crack" you take.

My problems run much much much deeper.

Need to get a full time job and escape, now THAT... will fix all my problems... I won't need to be a punch bag anymore...

I am sorry about your problems.

Please don't worry about me I am fine.

Just need to escape.

Its hard not to worry though. :(

But I trust you'll handle it on a good fashion. I was in this situation once before. It WILL get better. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones