1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Will Blackberry Passport work with Metro PCS?

Discussion in 'Metro PCS' started by 愚か者, Sep 27, 2017.

1. 愚か者

愚か者 Lurker
    None

Sep 27, 2017
    I am a fool when it comes to these type of things. I already matched the frequency and the types of blackberry and what Metro PCS (T-mobile) supports and for the most part it matches. My concern is that I would have to cut my SIM and fit it into a the blackberry and find out it doesn't work, then I would have wasted not only money on the phone but also the fact that I need a new SIM for my old phone. I don't understand how that IEMI and other stuff is needed to activate. Just simply buying an unlocked phone is not enough? Thanks.

Advertisement

2. Spec2nirvash

VIP Member

Jul 19, 2011
    MA
    Yes it will work just fine... I used an AT&T BB Passport recently on my T-Mobile service (same as Metro) without any problems where coverage was present.

The BB Passport doesn't support LTE bands 12 or 66, so some time in not so distant future you may have a few dead zones.

And do yourself a favor, spend the $10 and buy yourself a new SIM, don't butcher up an old one!

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    The Blackberry Passport like most recent phone takes a nano-SIM, so if your current SIM isn't, it will need to be punched out, or you maybe able obtain an appropriate sized replacement SIM from your carrier. Although all recent SIMs I've seen in last year or so can already be pressed-out to nano-SIM size, no trimming or punches needed.

愚か者 likes this.