1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Accessories Will Class6 or Class10 even work?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by EvilAndroid, Jul 29, 2010.

1. EvilAndroid

EvilAndroid Member

Jul 24, 2010
    My daughter had a dragonfly on her fingertip yesterday and I snapped off six pictures, of which non were saved because the phone was still booting up. I can only assume the SD card had not yet mounted while I was taking the pictures. argh!

Anyway, upgrading to a 16GB Class 6 or Class 10 card... Will the phone even tap the cards ability to write at the faster speeds? Will it boot faster? Will it take pictures faster? Will it sync faster? I can't find any tech info to corroborate this... Thanks for any help here.

Advertisement

2. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

May 4, 2010
    Several people throughout AF report that the class 6 cards work. I've yet to see one about class 10.

I don't think anything above class 2 is necessary though because this phone doesn't write fast enough to require more than class 2 and the read speeds are multiples of write speed so reading performance should be plenty fast enough for watching anything up to 720p. Anything in true hi-def really is outside the specs of the phone. They will work, but they won't be true hi-def. Class 10's really for professional hi-def recording and Evo's not even close to being able to do that.

EvilAndroid likes this.
  3. hyabusha

hyabusha Active Member

Mar 30, 2010
    My 16GB Kingston Class 10 works just fine In my EVO.

4. Drift King

Drift King Member

Jun 9, 2010
    My 16GB Class 6 Transcend works great with my EVO...

Tags: