1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Will CM9/CM10/AOSP ever get 3D

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vernave, Aug 8, 2012.

1. vernave

vernave Member

Will it ever be possible for any non-sense rom to support 3D? As i understand it, none currently do. What's holding it back? I am not trying to start a fight or something, I would just like to know what the status is. If this should not be in this section, mods feel free to move it.

Also, thank you to all of the devs for all of the great progress on this phone

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Kahroo

Kahroo Android Expert

I think it's because HTC hasn't released any source for the EVO 3D Kernel that's why it doesn't have 3D. That or 3D isn't that popular.

3. johnny424

johnny424 Android Expert

don't worry bro..no one will attack you here like on xda..I believe it has to do with drivers..I could be wrong but sense there are no other phones with cm that support 3d they will have to figure it out from scratch

4. vernave

vernave Member

Cool. Well, I barely ever use 3D, but I would still like to have it. That and the camera are whats holding me back from an AOSP ROM. I figured it was something like that, or that HTC wont release drivers. I might leave for ASOP just because I don't like sense

5. xploPR

xploPR Android Expert

Does this phone has 3D?

Hahahaha :p i only took like 10 pictures the first week a bought the phone, never used it again.

6. johnny424

johnny424 Android Expert

everything else works great..except mms..and 3d...give it a try

7. lqcorsa

lqcorsa Well-Known Member

What I find weird is that the boot screen for CM9 is in 3D, but when the phone boots up it doesn't have it anymore.

8. hogaburger

hogaburger Newbie

You're right, and the animation works with the phone held vertically. Witchcraft, I say.

9. phw8558

phw8558 Android Expert

3D is a cool feature, I'd also like to have it back in the future

10. rgates414

rgates414 Newbie

I just read that they're working on it over on Chad's site. Hopefully with functional 3D as well, but I'm just stoked that the debacle over at XDA today wasn't the end of the line for CM9/10.. :)

11. koopakid08

koopakid08 Android Expert

3d is partly integrated in the last devils but crashes the phone after you play a video if you enable it.