• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will democracy...

It is interesting that this was the initial Bush plan with the invasion of Iraq, spreading democracy in the middle east, just took a bit longer.

Weather it turns into Jeffersonian liberal secular democracy, or ushers in a new democratically elected batch of theocratic authoritarian rulers is yet to be seen.

Another interesting thing after watching Egypt, would the media be as quick to jump on the band wagon of the anti-government factions if they were protesting a Chavez or Castro?

Upvote 0
What USA should do is STFU and stop worrying about someone else's problem and we should just mind our business. We have our own problems as is if that's not enough, IDK why we don't just hang them for high treason few of these degenerates they call themselves politicians.

What happens in middle east they should deal with it as they been on longer than these panzy long before US was invaded and taken from Indians. I mean just look at the climate today the whole anti muslim sentiment created by some of these mofos...

Upvote 0
What USA should do is STFU and stop worrying about someone else's problem and we should just mind our business.

Last few weeks the world was calling for Obama to help make Mubarak leave.

Its tough to stay out of world affairs, if every time there is a problem the world begs for you to get involved.

Upvote 0
Truth? Have you guys lost your mind? Why don't they go? May I remind you that these are the same pricks who hate us inside? We need to STFU and bring our troops home and focus on economy. All this BS is just distractions, hell why don't Egypt just hire PMC's? Maybe the useless NATO can help them now if the powerless UN has the balls.

Sorry man I am sick of the BS I see around me, I'm pure conservative and don't have time for tree huggers who done nothing for this country other than try it out clean via so many hand outs. Hell and we blame the hard working immigrants for all the problems? LOL only in USA...

Upvote 0
Ok so according to you when UN and rest of the world begged US to step in with the whole fiasco between Israeli and Jordan we didn't do jack as we had interest and now we will try to help Egypt? Hence how that works? Learn history it will come in handy. As you know as they say those who refuse to understand the meaning of history is bound to repeat it.

US will fall as great empires have, no one can maintain supremacy as military and economy goes hand to hand. We need to focus on our own problems first and then try to help others. I mean you have to be a fool to try to help someone else when you have so many BS on your plate. I mean what did you have in mind? Lol sending the US Armada along with air support? Maybe we should drop 50k troops in Egypt street? No thanks I'm busy worrying about pay for rest of you as some of us actually work IRL and pay taxes and don't accepts handouts from the governments.

Upvote 0
Truth? Have you guys lost your mind? Why don't they go? May I remind you that these are the same pricks who hate us inside? We need to STFU and bring our troops home and focus on economy. All this BS is just distractions, hell why don't Egypt just hire PMC's? Maybe the useless NATO can help them now if the powerless UN has the balls.

Sorry man I am sick of the BS I see around me, I'm pure conservative and don't have time for tree huggers who done nothing for this country other than try it out clean via so many hand outs. Hell and we blame the hard working immigrants for all the problems? LOL only in USA...

Just so you understand, this tree hugger was Vietnam issue.
I think you are way off base.

Upvote 0
You know I thought the revolt in Egypt was a good thing until I saw where they stole the artifactsout of the museum. Then it dawned on me everyone was there for their own reasons. They stole their own history. Beat foreign reporters that was trying to get their cause out to the world. They are no different than in la the Rodney king riots. People burned building and looted and even beat innocent people just because the color of their skin. So how much of Egypt's revolt was just that and not a group of hoodlums looking for a reason to show their ass.

Upvote 0
You know I thought the revolt in Egypt was a good thing until I saw where they stole the artifactsout of the museum. Then it dawned on me everyone was there for their own reasons. They stole their own history. Beat foreign reporters that was trying to get their cause out to the world. They are no different than in la the Rodney king riots. People burned building and looted and even beat innocent people just because the color of their skin. So how much of Egypt's revolt was just that and not a group of hoodlums looking for a reason to show their ass.

have to agree..... its funny how this was portrayed as peaceful protest......

last I heard when they are raping and beating reporters, burning buildings and cars, and looting...... they usually call this sort of thing a violent riot

or from a different perspective you can call this a peaceful military coup...... and ironically now that the military is in charge and the protestors are not dispersing..... the violent rhetoric is increasing from the govt

this will get much worse for egypt long before it will get better.... and unfortunately its going to get worse for the entire region because of it

Upvote 0

there will always be a FEW
that revolt was very peaceful, relatively

Upvote 0
With an economy that is already looking at least double the 9% projected unemployment rate what do you think bringing hundreds of thousands of qualified workers home would do to the already abysmal economy? It sure won't help, I'll give you that much of a hint.

At the end of WW2, the US govt reduced spending from 20%+ of GDP down to 5% of GDP. Coupled with troops coming home from Europe, this created a BOOM in the economy, not a downturn. Know why? Because, as the government reduced it's efforts, private sector stepped in to take the reigns and started scooping up returning soldiers for employment.

So yes, since it's worked at least once before ;)

Upvote 0
^Statistically accurate - but lacking scope.

The economy during WWII was strictly set for wartime production. This included curtailing production of consumer goods in favor of those required by the war effort - and it included taking the unemployed housewives of the day and setting them to work.

Upon return of -millions- of servicemen, at least five things happened:

• Rosie the riveter was canned and sent home, her job went to a man to earn the bread and women's place in the workplace lost its place for - what? - 40 years?
  • Pent-up demand for consumer goods hit and hit hard, after years of privation
  • The boys came home - the baby boom began
  • Immediate demand for housing
  • Ex-servicemen elected to government at a high rate, protecting the interests of ex-servicemen

So - this isn't 1945, and things can't be extrapolated because of statistical correlation, in my opinion.

Reactions: ElasticNinja
Upvote 0
^Statistically accurate - but lacking scope.

The economy during WWII was strictly set for wartime production. This included curtailing production of consumer goods in favor of those required by the war effort - and it included taking the unemployed housewives of the day and setting them to work.

Upon return of -millions- of servicemen, at least five things happened:

• Rosie the riveter was canned and sent home, her job went to a man to earn the bread and women's place in the workplace lost its place for - what? - 40 years?
  • Pent-up demand for consumer goods hit and hit hard, after years of privation
  • The boys came home - the baby boom began
  • Immediate demand for housing
  • Ex-servicemen elected to government at a high rate, protecting the interests of ex-servicemen

So - this isn't 1945, and things can't be extrapolated because of statistical correlation, in my opinion.

That doesn't change the fact that post-WW2 unemployment stayed under 5%.. I believe the exact number was 4.6%. So clearly the reduction didn't have a negative effect on the economy overall.

Today "official" unemployment hovers just under 10.0%, and the real unemployment rate is probably double that. Because the gov't only counts new claims. Once a citizen hits that 99 weeks of unemployment, they fall off of the reckoning and cease to be counted at all. And lets not forget that a lot of people lost $100k+ jobs, and have replaced them with $30k jobs. I would hardly call that a recovery. Some people even have two jobs now, one of which is not counted. I'm one of those people, and my life is much more difficult now than it was before this mess. Still, I persevere

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones