• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root will factory reset lose root

phone is all messed up in some kind of loop from an error "unfortunately, the process com.google.grapps has stopped" was able to stop the loop by clearing google services framework cache and data to stop the loop but most of the tool and system apps are not working. i tried to reset permissions on all apps, didn't work, i also cleared cache and data in CWM recovery. I did have a nadroid backup tried that and no luck. really want to know if i do a factory reset will i lose root? been on this all night just want to start over. I however did not do my own root so if i lose it im out of luck, unless i can find really good directions, like root s4 for dummy's. Please help!! Thanks

Hey, Joe. Sorry I didn't see your post until now. A factory data reset will not remove root, as 'root' is in the /system portion of your phone; a factory data reset clears the /data and /cache (or /data/cache) portions of your phone.

With your problem I suggest doing the factory data reset. It will wipe out your apps and such, but signing back into your gmail/google account will restore at the very least a portion of them. You could also try doing it and then restoring your last working nandroid. From what I read of your post you may have through CWM already done this.

If that doesn't work, perhaps do the factory data reset and flash another ROM and gapps package. I have quite a collection for the Motorola A855 and other phones, but before I post a link, I would like you to verify that this is the phone you are having problems with.

good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones