1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Will Gingerbread improve Epic's battery life?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GomerBoy, Jun 15, 2011.

1. GomerBoy

GomerBoy Well-Known Member
    None

May 30, 2011
    I am just curious...at least I hope that it will improve the battery life. What do you guys think?

Advertisement

2. DroidBabe

DroidBabe Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    I hope so.

3. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    On my Evo it may have helped slightly, but Froyo had a lot of OS optimizations so Gingerbread will only be a slight improvement, if any.

4. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    Sales
    The Sea of Tranquility
    It's possible that Samsung could include some efficiency improvements that they've figured out since the last update. From what I know Gingerbread on its own won't make a sizable difference over Froyo's battery life. I wouldn't expect earth shaking improvements. In my experience, the biggest improvements in battery life usually come from the developer community enhanced (under volted) kernels.

5. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Android Enthusiast

Apr 28, 2011
    I sure hope so.

6. GomerBoy

GomerBoy Well-Known Member
    None

May 30, 2011
    With the new leak and everything, has anyone noticed if the battery life is better with Gingerbread?

7. simcha

simcha Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 3, 2010
    Male
    Employed
    Oakland, CA
    I'd place my money on betting that it won't help the abysmal battery life on this piece of junk. Most likely Gingerbread will be released with major bugs and the OTA update will have to be pulled so they can "fix" the bugs. This is what happened with Froyo. Why should Gingerbread be any different?

I was stuck with the extremely buggy version of Froyo for months until they pushed the most recent botched Froyo version. I expect battery life to continue to be an issue just like how most issues seem to remain unresolved on this piece of junk.

8. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    You seem to have some extreme biases against the Epic. There are definitely bugs, but it most assuredly is not a piece of junk. I do wish Samsung's support was far better / quicker though.

9. simcha

None

Sep 3, 2010
    Male
    Employed
    Oakland, CA
    OK, I've been over the top. My level of disappointment with the Epic is high because I did my research and I had very high expectations. I seem to have been unlucky twice. Both the Epics I've had have had major issues. I don't know why other than to put it on bad luck. Others seem to have gotten trouble free phones and they love their Epics. I do wish I was one of them. Unfortunately for me, I'm not. My experience hasn't been good with this phone. I called it a piece of junk. Yes, I'm biased against it because my experience has been extremely negative with this phone. For me, my Epics have been pieces of junk. Others seem to have gotten better Epics and they love their phones. I'm not trying to "dis" anyone's favorite phone. I'm not trying to offend. I've been venting my frustration that I haven't had the excellent experience with this device that others seem to be having.

10. gme109

gme109 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 17, 2010
    Male
    Why not post the issues you've been having, in hopes of getting advice on how to fix? Just a thought. :eek:

11. simcha

None

Sep 3, 2010
    Male
    Employed
    Oakland, CA
    As I just mentioned in a post on another thread, I have posted the issues in various forums, some of them were posted here. Almost none of them have been resolved completely. Some of them are ongoing issues that others seem to be having and they don't, as of yet, have a good fix for those issues.

I read XDA and have posted there and I've also tried the Sprint Forums. I've tried calling Sprint to resolve the issues.

So, I've tried what you are suggesting, and I don't really feel like re-hashing this again only to keep finding out that the issues my phone has can't be resolved completely. I've run out of patience with this phone. I'm glad others like it and get their issues fixed. Samsung, Sprint, and the Epic have lost me already. I'm not willing to continue to work hard to find solutions to the issues my Epic is having. I'm done...

12. gme109

gme109 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 17, 2010
    Male
    You give up too easily. At least post a link here, to your other post mentioning your problems. I've over come and solved every issue that has a risen with the Epic.

13. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Android Expert
    None