• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Will HDMI work with stereo receiver?

wlquinn

Lurker
May 20, 2011
Can I play music from poweramp through the HDMI port on this phone? It would be connected to my stereo receiver directly. I am just tired of always listening to Slacker on bluray just because it sounds better than 3.5mm to red/white.

And if so, does this apply to all Android phones equipped with HDMI? I just use my phone mostly to text/call (30% this), internet (10%), and music (60% this). I do use a lot of apps randomly.

This phone (Charge) was the easiest for me to type on, even better than the hardware keyboards. (Iphone being THE WORST!). And I need something that has a good camera. So, I'd be upgrading from a Droid 2 that lags like crazy and reboots on me all the time. I just need it to be worth it.

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones