• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

will htc ever release...

2nd the above.

I very much doubt they would release one for the Desire but could do for future phones.

The only way you would get one is if another company made one but doubt that will happen.

I've got a lovely silicone case on mine that keeps the lens off any surface so have no scratches. Also have the Martin Fields screen protector which comes with a small protector for the lens so got no worries about mine being scratched.

Upvote 0
a back cover that has a better camera lens cover ??
I almost didn't bother with this thread due to the subject being broken into two sections...that's generally considered bad form and annoying.

As for the lens cover, HTC did make a mistake by using plastic. I don't have any scratches on mine, but I do notice a bit of glare since the plastic does not transmit light as well as a decent glass lens cover would. The cost would be negligible for HTC to have a small circle of treated glass instead of plastic in the cover. I've contacted them about it and asked that they pass my comments along to management and development, which they said they would do.

Upvote 0
There was a question posted in the tips and tricks forum which had a link to a site that sold a sapphire glass replacement to the precise specifications of the plastic cover.
Can't seem to find the thread now though
I read that thread, but at the price they wanted, plus shipping, I'll just deal with it. I only use the camera for snaps. Serious shots require my DSLR anyway.
:D

Upvote 0
...i thought this place was friendly...

it is.....mainly.

thing is, you started a new thread and will be keeping your eye on that one because it's important to you.

most other users have quite a bit of knowledge and if someone comes along with a new question, they are willing to help so it's better to put the whole question/issue/situation in the thread title and people can see if they can contribute or not.

instead they end up getting half a story, clicking open the thread and finding that they can't help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones